Professional Learning Grant 2019 – 2020/2020-21
Clyro Church in Wales School has been awarded a grant of £3,045.00 from Welsh Government to support Professional Learning. This grant has been awarded to all schools, to help plan professional learning opportunities to enable staff to be ready and prepared to embrace the transformational curriculum in Wales.
As a school, we are adapting our plans and teaching approaches, with further emphasis being placed upon pupil voice and pupils being involved in planning their learning.
Outline of intentions:
- To fund supply cover to enable staff to attend training or visit other schools to see good practice – 2019/20;
- To support the Welsh Government’s mission to secure understanding of the effect of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) through funding all teaching members of staff to receive training in ACEs – 2/9/19 with Dr. Coral Harper;
- To continue to fund the use of INCERTS to make robust assessments and track pupils progress;
- To be prepared for the New Curriculum by providing our learners with purpose-led, broad and exciting and relevant learning experiences;
- To develop robust assessment around the learner;
- To develop a high quality learning team through continued professional development;
- To build and sustain meaningful partnerships working with other individuals and establishments:
Accelerated Learning Plan
As you may be aware, the Education Minister has recently announced £29m across Wales for this academic year (2020/21) to support accelerated learning following the Covid-19 Pandemic. The primary purpose of the funding is to allow schools to put in place and deploy additional human capacity in order to support learners in addressing their needs following the initial COVID-19 crisis and period of school closure.
This funding will be used at our school in order to develop intervention support and programmes to narrow the gap in achievement for pupils.
The grant is only to be used by schools for additional human resources in achieving the above aim – it is not eligible to be used for equipment or consumable. Our school will be using the funding to provide an Intervention LSA to work across the school.