Professional Learning Grant 2019 – 2020
Clyro Church in Wales School has been awarded a grant of £3,045.00 from Welsh Government to support Professional Learning. This grant has been awarded to all schools, to help plan professional learning opportunities to enable staff to be ready and prepared to embrace the transformational curriculum in Wales.
As a school, we are adapting our plans and teaching approaches, with further emphasis being placed upon pupil voice and pupils being involved in planning their learning.
Outline of intentions:
- To enable individual staff to attend training or share good practice for the New Curriculum with other professionals through staff visiting Llanischen Fach Primary School and Bromilly in Barry over 2 days; teaching staff and support assistants will be networking with other schools to look at practice and to share ideas. This will support personal development as well as whole school priorities – 2019/20;
- To fund supply cover to enable staff to attend training or visit other schools to see good practice – 2019/20;
- To support the Welsh Government’s mission to secure understanding of the effect of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) through funding all teaching members of staff to receive training in ACEs – 2/9/19 with Dr. Coral Harper;
- To continue to fund the use of INCERTS to make robust assessments and track pupils progress;
- To be prepared for the New Curriculum by providing our learners with purpose-led, broad and exciting and relevant learning experiences;
- To develop robust assessment around the learner;
- To develop a high quality learning team through continued professional development;
- To build and sustain meaningful partnerships working with other individuals and establishments;